The wireless security systems are now available as do it yourself kits and these systems can be used for both homes and offices. Depending on the size of your home or office, you need to choose a kit that caters to your needs. A complete wireless security system has different types of sensors and a single control panel. These systems work independently without any manual intervention after they are installed and activated.
• Motion detector is a part of wireless security systems and it can detect motion from a long distance. A good detector can sense motion from 30 feet.
• Glass break sensors detect vibrations that are created when a burglar tries to break the glass in doors and windows. These must be installed in doors and windows that are easy targets for burglars.
• Magnetic contact sensor is also found along with glass break sensor if the burglar attempts to open door or window that is not locked.
• External siren is a part of wireless security systems and it goes off when any of the sensors sends RF signal to the siren.
• Flashing light is also an option found in many wireless systems and this light flashes when the sensors send distress signals.
• The control panel is an essential component that manages communication between sensors and alarms. Remote will also be available to deactivate the alarms manually.
Aside from the above mentioned basic components, you may also get wireless security systems with additional components to protect your home from other types of emergencies.